Somerset West, 23 March 2020
We, at Euroberry, are following the latest developments concerning the spread of the corona virus in South Africa and the rest of the world. The impact the virus could potentially have on our personal lives, our work and that of friends and family, has forced us to implement new rules and procedures to minimize the risk amongst our staff. The measures that will be implemented with immediate effect and until further notice will be:
- All local and international travel by plane has been banned till further notice.
- Customer visits by our sales staff will be postponed. During this period we have asked our staff to resort to phone calls, Skype, or other means
- Visits/meetings with suppliers, partners or other external service providers will follow the same principle as for Customers
- Staff who can work from home, have been requested to do so. The remaining staff have been separated into 6 independent office buildings to avoid potential spread of the virus through potential contact amongst
- All physical links between office and stores have been severed as far as possible
- All physical links between stores & logistics on the one side and production on the other side have been severed as far as possible
We ask those who come and collect from our premises using own or external transport to adhere to the procedures that we have implemented. For drivers this will mean:
- Sanitise hands on arrival at the designated area. No entry into any Euroberry building. Submit or collect paperwork through a window/door as far as possible. (At Firgrove, this will be through the window of the guard house at the entrance to Euroberry premises).
- Have own pen ready to sign collection notes
- There can be no physical contact with any Euroberry staff members – please keep your distance.
With regards to availability, Euroberry has substantial stock levels of the main lines on hand and we are still receiving containers daily with imported products, albeit with the occasional possible delay. With these measurements in place we have minimized the risk to our staff and customers alike, and are still able to offer you our products and services as usual.
If the situation changes, we will inform you according. For now – be cautious – stay healthy.
Bart Lauret Commercial Director
Head Office : Euroberry ( Pty) Ltd, Unit 2 , Blue Crane Park, Somerset West 7130| P.O. Box 5708, Helderberg 7135, South Africa National Tel: +27 (0)860 400 407 | email@example.com | www.euroberry.co.za
Directors: M van Nes, B Lauret ( NL), P Sanders | Reg No 2002/026621/07 | VAT reg No .4400193209